Kirsten Ashbaugh, CFP® (she/her)
Financial Advisor | Director of Sales | CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional
Areas of Experience
- Financial Planning for Managers/Executives, Women, and Small Business Owners
- Retirement and Multi-Goal Planning
- Federal Employee Benefits
- Sustainable/ESG Investments and Firm portfolio management
- Stock and equity compensation strategies, including stock options and restricted stock
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER®
- 2023 Chair, Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Rising Professionals Group
- Member, Junior League of Charlottesville
- Member, Charlottesville Women United in Philanthropy
Kirsten joined Wilkinson Wealth Management in 2020 from a career in national security. As an advisor, she applies techniques from her intelligence background to highlight the financial information most important for a client’s personal situation, and she enjoys empowering clients to increase their own understanding while having the trusted support of an advisor.
In addition to degrees in international relations and national security from American University and Georgetown University, she is also a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® professional. Her professional experience includes extensive financial planning and portfolio management, as well as expertise addressing the specific challenges of women and small business owners. Kirsten is available to help clients with managing assets, determining insurance needs, and comprehensive financial planning - including planning for major purchases, education, and retirement.
Originally from Pittsburgh, Kirsten relocated to Charlottesville in 2020. Outside of work, Kirsten enjoys exploring the local culture and food and has a soft spot for Charlottesville’s local bakeries. She and her husband enjoy hiking in the beautiful central Virginia area, and they love to travel, with a goal of visiting at least one foreign country every year. Some of her favorite places she has visited include Iceland, Colorado, Argentina, and France (where she likes to practice her very rusty French)!